Re: Retro-fit kit?

Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 08:49 AM, <robert.ian.taylor@...> wrote:
Hello - is it possible to buy a retro-fit kit so I can install the PMC-Eight system myself on an existing Losmandy G11 mount that I own (it is a Digital Drive version). 
I have recently serviced the mount (regreased it, installed new worm block bearings, installing a new high precision worm and making sure everything is aligned) and now the periodic error is around +/-5", without PEC.

It is difficult to find a price for the kit only - or are they some mechanical changes made to the mount itself too (I imagine the motors would be different but they are easy to change). 

Thanks
Hi Robert, thanks for your interest in the PMC-Eight G11 upgrade. We offer an upgrade kit that not only installs the PMC-Eight motor drive system but also includes some upgrades to the G11; Also in order to be able to guarantee performance the price includes doing the upgrade at our location in Arkansas. We don't offer the upgrade as a DIY kit. Here is the link to the product on our website:

Explore Scientific / Losmandy G-11 UPGRADE with Explore Scientific PMC — Explore Scientific LLC (explorescientificusa.com)

Thanks again for your interest.

--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.