Re: Meridian Flip #EXOS2 #ASCOM

Wes Mcdonald

Parag

There is no way to prevent the flip if your Astro program insists on dithering near the meridian. Nina will pause imaging at a time before flip. I guess planning is the only thing you can do

As for centering on a target after a flip there are several things that come to mind but they all basically get down to mount alignment imperfections.  The mount it self can make the perfect move.  But if there are any errors with alignment and all the things that affect alignment it won’t hit the flipped target.  The thing to do after a meridian flip is to platesolve again and continue imaging.   Nina will do this for you. I guess with apt you will just have to be there.