LuckyDuck

Hi guys,

thanks for sharing all that awesome shots! Thats a great motivation for beginners like me. I got a exos2 with pmc-eight for christmas and had finally the first clear nights for testing the rig.

The telescope I am using is a explore scientific ar152 with 988mm focal length. I guess its on the upper side on the load this mount can handle, but its the only available for photography I have right now. I use a stock sony a6000 camera. I dont have a field flattener. also no guiding yet.

I chose the orion nebula as an easy target to start with. Here is the image data in compact form:

Mount: Explore Scientific PMC8 EXO2
Telescope: explore scientific ar152
Focal lenght: 988 mm
Camera: Stock Sony A6000
ISO: 640
Exposure time: 350x10s

I only used bias and flats for image processing in siril

this is my result:

I noticed, that the stars are quite big in the blue channel. I guess this is where you notice its an achromat instead of an apochromat refractor. I recently noticed a video from astrobackyard. He processes rgb images from dslrs in each channel separately. In that why you can shrink the stars in the blue channel to the correct size.
In the actual 16bit tiff image the three stars in the nebula core are very distinct. In the jpg this detail information is lost a little bit.

Exposures of 30s also work quite well for me with this heavy telescope on that little mount. I get problems above though. I'm not sure if it is polar alignment. I think no, because the star trails change direction in each image. I will try to tighten the belts, but maybe thats just the load limit of the mount.

cheers and clear skies!
Lukas