locked Re: Connecting EXOS 2 PMC 8 to ASIair Pro #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

alandebrut

Hi Wes,

The one thing about this hobby is it keeps you on your toes, I have learned so much and me in my twilight years.

I think I pretty much worked out that even tho it says serial it must have an FDTI chip, it looks like it has a chipset from the outside but looks can be deceiving!

Earlier I ordered a DTECH version which states it has a FTDI chip from Amazon, so glad that you endorse that.

A slight aside, re drivers in Windows, is there a way of finding a list of loaded drivers in W10? I am pretty sure I down loaded the driver from FTDI but how do you check?

Many thanks
Alan

On 4 Mar 2021, at 17:48, Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:

Alan

Well the prolific chip set has had issues I know. Jerry has stated the correct chip set to use is the FTDI.  My guess is the programming if the pin on the prolific didn’t work.  Try to get a cable with the Ftdi and see what you can accomplish.

The hobby is indeed one full of nooks and crannies.  And it can sure suck down some money.

I bought the DTECH 10 ft usb to serial ftdi cable from Amazon.   I don’t use the asiair so can’t say how it might work with that.   It works like a charm in myPMC8 with windows.

If you are using windows you can download an ftdi driver from parallax web site.  See if that driver recognizes your usb to serial. It won’t if it’s a prolific.

Warrington
UK

Explore Scientific:
Telescope AR102, F6.5