Jeff Snell

Sweet shots Walter!  Pinched optics are likely causing that.  There is actually a short and very easy way to fix it.  ES can send you the instructions.  I had the same issues.  ES sent me the directions but I can’t find them.  Basically there are set screws under the dew shield that were tight for shipping.  They just need to be loosened up.

Jeff

On Mar 7, 2021, at 5:15 PM, Walter Vinci <wltvinci@...> wrote:

Hi all,

This is my first ever serious try from a Bortle 5 backyard, unmodded DSLR and no filters... 180x30s subs. I chose very short exposures to avoid too much saturation. My exos2 worked flawlessly. What’s up with those stars though? Didn’t expect spikes from my ED80.
--
———

Walter Vinci

ES EXOS2-GT PMC-Eight
ES ED80
Starfield 0.8 Field Flattener/Reducer.
ZWO ASI290mm-mini & Orion 50mm Guide Scope
Canon EOS Rebel SL1
SharpCap, APT, PHD2, SiriL, Stellarium
<DDA5AA7C-0E16-42AA-A2AD-813B554EDB72.jpeg>