Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New BETA Test Subgroup Available #ExploreScientific #ASCOM #FIRMWARE

Dino Monaco

Jerry

Sounds like some very exciting upgrades to the firmware.
Especially the serial / WiFi connectivity.
 I’m waiting for the next shipment for my EXOS2 to arrive . Hopefully April.
Question: Will I need to do a upgrade to the new version firmware on the back ordered PMC8s , or are they preloaded?

Regards

Dino

On Mar 10, 2021, at 11:46 AM, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:

Hi Parag,

Here is an overview of the most significant changes and upgrades:

  • Universal Firmware for all models of the PMC-Eight
  • Completely backward compatible with all existing PMC-Eight systems delivered to our customers.
  • No More Switching Between Serial and WiFi - Both are available to connect to with either ASCOM Serial, or WiFi ExploreStars (Windows, Android, iPadOS)
  • Settable Motor Currents within defined limits for both Slewing and Tracking.
  • Separately settable Sidereal Rate Fractions in RA and DEC for Autoguiding.
  • Switch for Automatic tracking at Sidereal Rate when powering up the PMC-Eight - No need for a computer - Old School tracking with manual movement of you scope to any object
  • Hardware configuration auto detection algorithm

That covers the major changes. We did a lot of changes to the code architecture and improved performance overall. Improved performance of the ASCOM driver also.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Dino Monaco