toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Does it mean we will be able to control the mounts with ascom and explorestars commands at the same time?
On Mar 10, 2021, at 9:46 AM, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:
Here is an overview of the most significant changes and upgrades:
- Universal Firmware for all models of the PMC-Eight
- Completely backward compatible with all existing PMC-Eight systems delivered to our customers.
- No More Switching Between Serial and WiFi - Both are available to connect to with either ASCOM Serial, or WiFi ExploreStars (Windows, Android, iPadOS)
- Settable Motor Currents within defined limits for both Slewing and Tracking.
- Separately settable Sidereal Rate Fractions in RA and DEC for Autoguiding.
- Switch for Automatic tracking at Sidereal Rate when powering up the PMC-Eight - No need for a computer - Old School tracking with manual movement of you scope to any object
- Hardware configuration auto detection algorithm
That covers the major changes. We did a lot of changes to the code architecture and improved performance overall. Improved performance of the ASCOM driver also.
-- Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of EngineeringExplore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home
Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Mounts: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras: QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating
Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!
ES EXOS2-GT PMC-Eight
Starfield 0.8 Field Flattener/Reducer.
ZWO ASI290mm-mini & Orion 50mm Guide Scope
Canon EOS Rebel SL1
SharpCap, APT, PHD2, SiriL, Stellarium