Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New BETA Test Subgroup Available #ExploreScientific #ASCOM #FIRMWARE

Walter Vinci

Exciting update!

Does it mean we will be able to control the mounts with ascom and explorestars commands at the same time?

Walter

On Mar 10, 2021, at 9:46 AM, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:

Hi Parag,

Here is an overview of the most significant changes and upgrades:

  • Universal Firmware for all models of the PMC-Eight
  • Completely backward compatible with all existing PMC-Eight systems delivered to our customers.
  • No More Switching Between Serial and WiFi - Both are available to connect to with either ASCOM Serial, or WiFi ExploreStars (Windows, Android, iPadOS)
  • Settable Motor Currents within defined limits for both Slewing and Tracking.
  • Separately settable Sidereal Rate Fractions in RA and DEC for Autoguiding.
  • Switch for Automatic tracking at Sidereal Rate when powering up the PMC-Eight - No need for a computer - Old School tracking with manual movement of you scope to any object
  • Hardware configuration auto detection algorithm

That covers the major changes. We did a lot of changes to the code architecture and improved performance overall. Improved performance of the ASCOM driver also.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

———

Walter Vinci

ES EXOS2-GT PMC-Eight
ES ED80
Starfield 0.8 Field Flattener/Reducer.
ZWO ASI290mm-mini & Orion 50mm Guide Scope
Canon EOS Rebel SL1
SharpCap, APT, PHD2, SiriL, Stellarium