Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New BETA Test Subgroup Available #ExploreScientific #ASCOM #FIRMWARE

Steve Lang

Hi.

Sounds awesome Jerry. I need to sort my gear out soon, and will be happy to test then, including ASCOM conformance testing.

One question on the new ASCOM driver - does this version have built in server/hub functionality (replacing POTH/Device Hub)?

Cheers -

On 11/03/21 5:46 am, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering wrote:
Hi Parag,

Here is an overview of the most significant changes and upgrades:

  • Universal Firmware for all models of the PMC-Eight
  • Completely backward compatible with all existing PMC-Eight systems delivered to our customers.
  • No More Switching Between Serial and WiFi - Both are available to connect to with either ASCOM Serial, or WiFi ExploreStars (Windows, Android, iPadOS)
  • Settable Motor Currents within defined limits for both Slewing and Tracking.
  • Separately settable Sidereal Rate Fractions in RA and DEC for Autoguiding.
  • Switch for Automatic tracking at Sidereal Rate when powering up the PMC-Eight - No need for a computer - Old School tracking with manual movement of you scope to any object
  • Hardware configuration auto detection algorithm

That covers the major changes. We did a lot of changes to the code architecture and improved performance overall. Improved performance of the ASCOM driver also.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

This email has been filtered by SMX. For more information visit smxemail.com

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11, Orion Atlas
Scopes: ES FCD100-80, GSO RC8, Orion XT10i