Dino Monaco

Very nice photo of Bodes, Paul.
I too have an ES 102 and waiting for my EXOS2 mount(backordered).
Cant wait to try the whole set up.
Question: Was it easy to interconnect the Asiar pro w the PMC8 or did you run them separately.

Dino Monaco

On Mar 13, 2021, at 11:53 AM, Walter Vinci <wltvinci@...> wrote:

Hi Paul,

That’s very nice! How often did you dither? I read you have to dither quite a bit to take advantage if drizzle. I am curious to see the difference with regular stacking too.

Best,
Walter

On Mar 13, 2021, at 9:33 AM, Paul Meesters <p.h.meesters@...> wrote:

<M81-1.png>

My take on Bode's and the Cigar galaxies.
137 two minute exposures with the ED 102 on the EXOS-II. Captured with the ZWO ASI071MC Pro (OSC camera) and the AsiairPro controlling.
Stacked in SIRIL (with drizzle, took over 6 hours), postprocessing in Photoshop

--
Greetz,
Paul

Equipment: ES Exos-II PMC-Eight; Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer Pro; ED APO 102mm f/7 FCD-100 CF; William Optics Redcat 51; Bresser Messier 8x50 finderscope; Astro Essentials 32mm F/4 mini guide scope; ZWO ASI 120mm mini guidecamera
Software: PixInsight, Deep Sky Stacker; Siril; PHD2; SharpCap; Photoshop CC; Pipp; Registax 6; Autostakkert 3; ExploreStars; APT

--
———

Walter Vinci

ES EXOS2-GT PMC-Eight
ES ED80
Starfield 0.8 Field Flattener/Reducer.
ZWO ASI290mm-mini & Orion 50mm Guide Scope
Canon EOS Rebel SL1
SharpCap, APT, PHD2, SiriL, Stellarium

--
Dino Monaco