Re: RA Stiction

W. Christopher Moses

I just installed the wavy washer.  It makes a BIG difference.  The RA moves much more freely when disengaged.  It isn't 100% free, but very good.

I'll do a little searching and see if people recommending any grease on the new washer.  The potential problem would be that it migrates to the plates and then the RA slips, even when tightened down.

For $10, it is probably the best mount upgrade I've ever done.  It took 5 minutes and no tools.

Between ES and Losmandy, I love this thing.

BTW - I shot video of most of the procedure and the change.  I'll try to edit it (been a long time since I've done that) and get it up for people to see.