Paul Mogg

Hi all, thought I'd post this as I've been trying to learn to take pics for 6 months now and after what feels like a long haul this is really the first one I'm quite satisfied with for the level of equipment I have. Hope you like it.

It's M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy.
60 x 120sec lights @ ISO 800
20 x 120 sec darks
No Bias, Flats etc. I tried with those and they didn't seem to improve anything, so I left them out of the stack.

Location: near Alicante in Southern Spain

Equipment used:
Explore Scientific EXOS-2 PMC-Eight mount
Skywatcher 200DPS Newtonian telescope
Nikon D5200 DSLR unmodified
Orion 50mm guide scope
Orion SSAG guide camera