Jaimie Murdock

It's galaxy season, so here are two pictures shot from my backyard in the middle of Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Bortle 7-8). Details on imaging setup in my signature.

Really thrilled with the mount so far and have been learning a ton. In addition to the open hardware and documentation, the encouragement and engagement on this forum was a deciding factor in my purchase.

I'm new to astronomy and astrophotography, having picked up the hobbies in May and at Christmas respectively.

First, a crop of the Leo Triplet from March 5. 60x2-min lights, 20 darks, no flats.
Leo-Triplet.jpg

Here's a wide-field in Virgo, framing M58, M59, M60, M89, and M90, along with several other galaxies. I'm a huge fan of the interacting galaxies in the upper right - NGC4567 & NGC4568. 90x2-min lights, 20 darks, 25 flats.
Virgo-M58-59-60-89-90.jpg

Now that the nights are warming up and I've learned the ropes, it's time to get this setup in the car and enjoy the Bortle 2-3 dark skies from our public lands. Can't wait!

--
Mount: ES PMC-8 iEXOS-100
Scope: William Optics ZenithStar 61II w/ UniGuide 32mm