Re: Release of 20A01 minor revision for Indi Users (All can load) #FIRMWARE

Steve Siedentop

Hi Paul -

INDI is a Linux/MacOS client server framework similar in purpose to ASCOM.  StellarMate, ASIAir, AstroBerry, etc. all run flavors of INDI.

There’s a fork called INDIGO that is backward compatible with INDI drivers and handles large file transfers better than INDI.  Cloudmakers has a number of MacOS apps that are well done.

-Steve

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 2:12 AM Paul Meesters <p.h.meesters@...> wrote:
Can someone please explain what INDI drivers and INDI users are ?
I take it that it has nothing to do with being from India, but the meaning eludes me, so I have no idea if I need to update the firmware or not.
--
Greetz,
Paul

Mounts:                            ES Exos-II + PMC-Eight; Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer Pro;
Main scopes:                    ED APO 102mm f/7 FCD-100 CF; William Optics Redcat 51;
Finder & Guiding scopes: Bresser Messier 8x50 finderscope; Astro Essentials 32mm F/4 mini (= 128mm) guide scope;
Cameras:                         ZWO ASI 071 MC Pro Main camera; ZWO ASI 120mm mini guidecamera; Sony A7III (astromodified)
Other:                              ZWO AsiAir  Pro; iPad
Software:                         PixInsight, Deep Sky Stacker; Siril; PHD2; SharpCap; Adobe Photoshop; Pipp; Registax 6; Autostakkert 3; ExploreStars; APT

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11 with Ruland Couplers and One Piece Worm Blocks, Skywatcher NEQ-6
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Orion 6” Mak, Stellarvue SV80EDT, Coronado Solarmax 40