Re: EXOS2 Mount capability #cal-notice #EXOS2 #ExploreStars #ASCOM #CloudyNights

Wes Mcdonald

Rob

I use the Es carbon 127.  I have to weigh my rig but I have a moon light focuser beast, a filter wheel, asi071, extension tubes, 60mmx240 guide scope, an asi mm290 guide camera, electronics box for 12v distribution and dew control, two dew straps, a red dot finder, dew shield,and a usb hub all on the mount.   It works fine.  Guides to 1” or better typically, biggest issue being dec backlash.   Weight is not an issue I don’t believe.

I use both counterweights but they are about halfway of the weight bar.
I will weigh the rig and report back but I would be surprised if it’s not in the 20-22# range.   The exos 2 is pretty robust.