Re: #iEXOS-100 #polaralignment #tracking #ASCOM iEXOS 100 tracking error when polar aligned #iEXOS-100 #polaralignment #ASCOM #tracking

jrichard333 <jrichard333@hotmail.com>

Good day Sir,

60-second subs on a iEXOS-100, unguided,  is pretty tricky.  You have to make sure of the following:

1.       the payload is balanced properly in the RA and DEC axis.   

2.       I can’t see Polaris either, so I use SharpCap Pro.  Pretty cool tool.

3.       Make  sure the mount is levelled as well.

The most I got out of the iEXOS-100 was 60-seconds unguided, but I am sure I can do more.  I am mostly into

planetary imaging.  I have played around DSOs, but not seriously.

As for worm adjustments, view the following video by Alex and see if you have those problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLXE_BMKVAw&list=PLH50bM7JLoL1PlxOIJPaTyhVL8fVWOMxS&index=9

JR

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io [mailto:MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io] On Behalf Of matkomicuch@...
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2021 3:38 AM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io
Subject: [ESPMC-Eight] #iEXOS-100 #polaralignment #tracking #ASCOM iEXOS 100 tracking error when polar aligned

Hi,
I have used my iEXOS-100 mount for three months now. When I got it, tracking was alright, but sometimes the RA stepper motor skipped steps. Because of this, I've adjusted the worm gear so that it won't be pushing so hard on the main gear and the backlash would still be minimal. However, no matter how good my polar alignment was, I still got big star trails on my subs(60 sec). I've tried polar aligning with NINA polar alignment and ekos legacy polar alignment(I can't see Polaris). When I try to adjust the polar alignment, the trails are still present. Is my polar alignment bad, or did I screw up my mount?
Thank you for any answers.
--
Martin, Kosice, Slovakia
Mount: iEXOS 100
Telescope: ExploreScientific ED80
Camera: Nikon D7100 stock
Software: APT, ROG Zephyrus G14 (Windows 10)

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.