Re: New PMC-Eight Firmware UPDATED STATUS #ExploreScientific #UniversalFirmware

Alcionio

Hi, can you tell me what settings I need to use to set PCM-Eight to operate simultaneously in serial and wifi with Explorestars? Thank you

Il giorno sab 17 apr 2021 alle ore 22:14 Walter Vinci <wltvinci@...> ha scritto:
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the reminder, I just missed the link to the whole package,

Walter

On Apr 17, 2021, at 1:52 PM, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 03:20 PM, Walter Vinci wrote:
Where can I find the latest ascom drivers for the pmc eight unit?

On the ES website I realized it still downloads the 2019 version

Walter
Hi Walter,

I probably wasn't very clear on this in my original post. The download link for the Firmware 20A01 Installation kit located here:

https://espmc-eight.groups.io/g/MAIN/files/PMC-Eight%2020A01%20Firmware%20Installation%20Kit%202021-04-12.zip

Includes the firmware, ASCOM driver, and the new Universal Firmware Configuration Tool (UFCT). There is also a pdf document included detailing how to install the new firmware and software, and also explains in general terms each of the new and updated features.

Additionally, on the Explore Scientific OpenGOTO Broadcast on Thursday (YouTube, Facebook) I demonstrated how to install the new firmware, ASCOM driver, and how to use the UFCT. You can find the video here:

I have provided the link that starts the video when I show how to install the kit.
There is some introduction discussion then I get into demonstrating how to install and use everything.
https://youtu.be/EW6yP2qfu0c?t=1180

Thanks!

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

———

Walter Vinci

ES EXOS2-GT PMC-Eight
ES ED80
Starfield 0.8 Field Flattener/Reducer.
ZWO ASI290mm-mini & Orion 50mm Guide Scope
Canon EOS Rebel SL1
SharpCap, APT, PHD2, SiriL, Stellarium

--
Supporti  : IEXOS 100, MEADE LX200.
Scopes  : MEADE LX200 8" f / 10, BRESSER AR90S f / 5,5 (guida), KSON 102C f / 6.