Re: New PMC-Eight Firmware UPDATED STATUS #ExploreScientific #UniversalFirmware

alandebrut

Hi Wes,

You and a few others have always been very helpful to everyone on this forum and for that I thank you.

However I have read the installation procedure for installing the new firmware twice, along with the threads in this forum it appears to be a rollercoaster ride.

In fact I fear I now have Technical dyslexia, I don't believe I have the skills to perform this task and I am equally sure there will be others in a similar position.

I am neither a technophobe nor tech savvy, I get by but I know my limitations.
I have installed firmware on other Goto mounts and other pieces of equipment I have, such as keyboards, cameras printers etc.
These have been simplistic to say the least so I don't understand why to me I need a degree in engineering science to complete this task from ES

Is it essential I install this update in the manner described?
I have my Exos2 PMC8 connected via serial to my ASIAirPro, it works brilliantly in that configuration.

If I install this firmware what would be the benefit to me?

Its taken me a few months to get my EXOS2 working in a way that suites me,
I must praise ES for producing a fantastic piece of technology at such a competitive price, in addition this forum provides that extra piece in the jigsaw not easily found with other brands.
I would recommend ES products to anyone interested in taking up the hobby.

Regards
Alan
--
Warrington
UK

Explore Scientific:  Telescope AR102, F6.5   Exos 2, PMC8
ZWO Electronic Auto-focuser   ZWO ASI Air Pro
ZWO ASI533 main camera   ZWO ASI120mm guide
QHY PoleMaster     Altair 290C

Celestron SE8 plus mount    Starsense
Sharpcap Pro,    CDC   Stellarium   APT   Firecapture
Canon 80D