Re: Astrophotography done with the iEXOS-100 and EXOS 2 post your picture and details lets show what this mount can do. #iEXOS-100 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Mirko Gude

Hi all,

today I’ve also done some photos from the sun. Only with a normal telesope, not in H-alpha. as Ian did.

But I can confirm what Ian said in his post, the iExos is very easy to use in this case.

My pictures are not very well processed, but the resemblance of the sunspot structure is visible.

I remember my first try some month ago during bad wether conditions. I was not sure if the sunspots (small ones) are really there - maybe my CCD was dirty? So I compared it with https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/

Best,

Mirko

Am 25.04.2021 um 22:19 schrieb Ian Morison <ian@...>:

Hi all,
          something different.  The iEXOS-100 makes an excellent mount to support my Lunt Double- Stack  H-alpha telescope.
Levelled tripod and, with correct latitude, aligned approximately due North.  Simple slew to Sun and only a small adjustment to North alignment brought the Sun's image onto the camera sensor. Tracking superb and the N/S/E/W slow slewing worked perfectly to centre the Sun's image. Mount's performance could not have been better.  Telescope control and image capture in the hood.   2,000 frames aligned and stacked in AutoStakkert! and processed in Photoshop.

The Sun is just waking up from a big sleep and the surface is now showing some interesting features.  It is very hard to get a totally uniform brightness full solar disk but this has worked reasonably well.
Best regards to you all.
Ian

<Lunt-iEXOS-100.jpg><SUN-25-04-2021=col.jpg>

--

Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS 100, ES EXOS2-GT
Scopes: Skywatcher 80/600, TS Photoline 72/432mm-Apo