Frank Rich

Great shot Dave!
I appreciate the info on your shooting parameters

Frank

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 2:45 AM Dave Cherry <andromedacity@...> wrote:

That’s a great shot of the wizard on your DSLR , if that’s the first time you used guiding. Well done!

I have been struggling to get some good distant galaxies recently

If its a clear night, the moons full. No moon, clouds! You know the thing..

Anyway here is one of the Sunflower Galaxy, as close to it I could get.  Its only 1hour total exposure time.

Shot with a Sky watcher 200PDS newt (1000mm) with a luminous 2.5X Barlow (So..total Focal length 2500mm)

No Filters. ASI 294MCPRO Cooled cam.

I have no idea if this is a good result or not?, I think its ok for how deep it is but perhaps someone could tell me?

The PMC mount is definitely not a problem here even at maxed out/boosted focal length.

Once again I am astounded that PH2 Graph line never went above plus and minus 1 during capturing!

For those wishing to try this, I advise using a 2x Barlow on the guide scope as well (total 600mm)

That’s the trick!

Cheers

Dave C

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Scopes: Sky Watcher 200PDS, Skywatcher 72ED
Mount: Explore Scientific PMC8 EXO2