Re: File /PMC-Eight 20A01 Firmware Installation Kit 2021-05-13.zip updated #ExploreScientific #file-notice #UniversalFirmware

I did the second test immediately. No other changes. I tried a few more times and chalked it up to “testing noise/random artifacts” and “this is not the problem you are seeking”.

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2021 8:41 AM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] File /PMC-Eight 20A01 Firmware Installation Kit 2021-05-13.zip updated #file-notice

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 02:10 PM, Chuck Lewis wrote:

I re-ran the slew test, and it was perfect. HOORAY, I thought! But in a second test, the crunching returned. For grins, I tried reducing both currents to 600ms., but to no avail.

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for reporting all this... above you said it was all working and then it started crunching again. Do you recall changing anything that would cause it to fail again, or did you do the second test right after the first test that was good?

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Scopes
: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras
:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc
: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,

Software
: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

--
Scope: Explore Scientific AR-102, Astro-Tech AD72ED, Nikon kit lenses
Mounts: Exos2GT-PMC8, Homebrew barndoor tracker