WiFi Scope and PMC8

Steve Siedentop

Hi All -

I spent some time today trying to run WiFi Scope to act as an interface to the ASCOM Driver to allow control of the PMC8 via SkySafari.  WiFi Scope is a free program created by the Sequence Generator Pro folks at Main Sequence Software.  I've posted this in their forums as well.

I'm running Windows 10 on an Intel Compute Stick (CS-125) and an Explore Scientific G-11 PMC-8 with the PMC8 ASCOM driver in serial mode (connecting via the serial port rather than over Wifi).  I tested on a Surface Pro with the same issue.

I'm running into problems and I think I've eliminated WiFi scope as the culprit.  I can successfully connect to the ASCOM Telescope Simulator as well as the Celestron ASCOM driver without issue, but the application crashes when trying to connect to the PMC8 ASCOM driver.

I dug through the event log and found the the entries listed at the end of this post.

As a side note, I was also unable to connect to the PMC8 using Sequence Generator Pro, but can successfully connect to the simulator as well as my Celestron mount.

Thoughts?  Hopefully something in the event log will jump out at someone.

-Steve

Application: WiFiScope.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Exception Info: ASCOM.Utilities.Exceptions.InvalidValueException

   at ASCOM.Utilities.Serial.set_Connected(Boolean)

   at ASCOM.ES_PMC8.Telescope.set_Connected(Boolean)

Exception Info: ASCOM.DriverException

   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CheckDotNetExceptions(System.String, System.Exception)

   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.SetTargetInvocationExceptionHandler(System.String, System.Exception)

   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32, System.String, System.Type[], System.Object[])

   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.AscomDriver.set_Connected(Boolean)

   at WiFiScope.Form1.ConnectTel()

   at WiFiScope.Form1.listen(System.Object)

   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)

   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

Log Name:      Application

Source:        .NET Runtime

Date:          5/17/2018 1:04:44 PM

Event ID:      1026

[...]

[...]