Re: Meridian flip - software or firmware issue? #iEXOS-100 #ASCOM #FIRMWARE #pmc-eight

Walter Vinci

This is something I wanted to ask at some point too. Manually asking APT to perform a meridian flip with my Exos2 gives an error and doesn’t work. Just wandering if this is my problem or it is a general issue.

It is nice to be able to be point a target before it passes the meridian and being already ‘flipped’ so that there is no need to interrupt imaging.

Walter

On May 18, 2021, at 9:02 AM, Luiz Sanches via groups.io <luizfsanches@...> wrote:

Meridian flip never works for me. When I need to do, I prefer to manually move the mount to other side and make many plat solves until get the target again.
I use APT and always failed to meridian flip.

--
———

Walter Vinci

ES EXOS2-GT PMC-Eight
ES ED80
Starfield 0.8 Field Flattener/Reducer.
ZWO ASI290mm-mini & Orion 50mm Guide Scope
Canon EOS Rebel SL1
SharpCap, APT, PHD2, SiriL, Stellarium