Beta Release of ASCOM-Standard Platform version 6.4RC1

hubbell_jerry@...

The latest beta version of the ASCOM Platform (ver. 6.4RC1) has been released and is available for download for those that are interested. I will probably be installing this version on a computer soon to test the PMC-Eight driver to make sure nothing gets broke.  Anyone interested in doing the same I would appreciate you letting me know the results of your testing.

https://github.com/ASCOMInitiative/ASCOMPlatform/releases/tag/Platform6.4RC1

Thanks

Jerry Hubbell

Director Electrical Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.

W. Christopher Moses

I'll play with it tonight.  Is there a changelog in the repo?

W. Christopher Moses

Oh cool, it is an ASCOM uodate. I just assumed it was a driver update. I gate reading email on phones...

hubbell_jerry@...

Hi Chris,

No, it is the ASCOM Platform update. I have not made any changes lately to the PMC-Eight driver.

Jerry Hubbell
Director Electrical Engineering
Explore Scientific, LLC.

Robert Hoskin <r_hoskin@...>

Just FYI...

The extent to which ASCOM uses the Repository as a data store makes me very uncomfortable, and there's so much out there that a normal platform deinstall will not get it all.

They have a separate deinstaller for times like this.  It's mentioned in the thread I've linked below, from ASCOM-Talk.  Looks like folks are getting (assumed to be) false positives from their AV as well.

FWIW...

- Bob