Sky Safari Interface for Explore Scientific PMC-8 Mounts

Steve Siedentop

All -

If you have any interest in using SkySafari to control the PMC-8 (without a workaround like Wifi Scope), speak your mind on their support forums...

Even if you don't have any interest, speak your mind.  SkySafari support will go a long way to increase the popularity and visibility of the product, which is good for everyone that uses a PMC-8 product.

https://support.simulationcurriculum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009291573-Sky-Safari-Interface-for-Explore-Scientific-PMC-8-Mounts

-Steve

W. Christopher Moses

I've never used sky safari but I might be able to work on the issue.  A few questions:

1. Is it open source?  If so, what language, if you happen to know?
2. Does it not support ascom drivers or is there some problem with the existing driver?

W. Christopher Moses

Ahhh...it's Mac based.
Sorry, I can't help.

W. Christopher Moses

If I were you, I would prod them to add INDI support.

Michael Fulbright

The INDI driver I announced in November 2017 is part of the current INDI distribution.  I still consider it in a testing phase but I've used it for astroimaging successfully.

Michael Fulbright

On 6/21/2018 2:26 AM, chris_moses@... [ESPMC-Eight] wrote:

If I were you, I would prod them to add INDI support.

Steve Siedentop

Hi Chris -

SkySafari is a scope control/planetarium application for Android, iOS, and OSX.

Unfortunately, the integration would have to happen on the SkySafari end.

A work around is to run a free application from Main Sequence Software called WiFiScope.  It's connects to ASCOM and emulates an LX200 Classic, so Sky Safari sees it an LX200.  This, of course, requires a Windows computer in the mix.

-Steve

W. Christopher Moses

Bummer.  Well, I'll put in a request for it.