Topics

Installing Android Database and App


Thomas O
 

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I downloaded the Android App database from:

http://02d3287.netsolhost.com/pmc-eight/Android.html
Unzipped it, put it on my microSD card and put it on the root of my thumbdrive, see screenshot from my tablet:


Installed the ExplorerStars app from the Google Play store.  Whenever I run the app I get a message saying the app cant find the sql file, see screenshot:


I've tried uninstalling/deleting both the database and the app several times.  I even tried the older .apk install but that gives me an error whenever I try to install it.  My tablet is a samsung Galaxy Tab A Android Version 7.1.1 Samsung Experience version 8.5.  Thanks.


Wes Mcdonald
 

Thomas

This process works pretty good, but some have had issues.  Try this:

1.  Download and unzip database onto you laptop
2.  Copy the entire explorestars file tree onto the Tab A SD card.
3.  Install SD card into Tab A 
4.  Install the app onto the Tab A internal memory.

I have a tab A and that worked.  Someone else had a similar issue and he said what fixed it was he unzipped directly onto the SD card after loading the zip onto the pc.  At least I think he did it that way.

I also just used the android play store to download and install the app directly onto the Tab.

Good luck.
Wes.


Robert Parks
 

I did exactly what Wes just recommended and it worked..


On Tue, Nov 6, 2018, 8:39 PM Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@... wrote:
Thomas

This process works pretty good, but some have had issues.  Try this:

1.  Download and unzip database onto you laptop
2.  Copy the entire explorestars file tree onto the Tab A SD card.
3.  Install SD card into Tab A 
4.  Install the app onto the Tab A internal memory.

I have a tab A and that worked.  Someone else had a similar issue and he said what fixed it was he unzipped directly onto the SD card after loading the zip onto the pc.  At least I think he did it that way.

I also just used the android play store to download and install the app directly onto the Tab.

Good luck.
Wes.


Darryl Ellis
 

HI,

I'm having the same problem as Thomas, the OP.

I have tried both extracting the zip file on my computer and dragging it over to the SD card and extracting to the SD card.  I am still getting that exact same message.

The file tree of the extracted files does not match that on the webpage of the the original instructions.  Mine looks like the attached screenshots.

I first downloaded the app onto my Galaxy Tab A with android version 7.0.  The app allows me to control the scope manually just fine, but I first get the above error messages and cannot access the databases.

Also, I noticed the NGC catalog is not available.  Is that not included, or is there a way to add it? 

I also have Sky Safari on my tablet.  Can I use it or any other program to control the PMC Eight.  BTW, I have the EXOS 2 mount.

Thanks,

Darryl


Thomas O
 

Hi Darryl,

I resolved this by doing the following:

  1. Uninstall Explorer Stars App
  2. Extract the database to your SD Card
  3. Go to http://02d3287.netsolhost.com/pmc-eight/Android.html and download the APK file
  4. Place the APK file directly on the root of your SD card and run it.
I know I've read other people installing it from the google play store, for whatever reason it just wouldn't work for me.  Hope this works


Darryl Ellis
 

Thanks for the quick reply Thomas.

I did as you said, but I am still getting the same error message.  Evidently, I'm doing something wrong.

I extracted the file directly to the root directory, and it shows up as SD Card\Explorestars with the subfolders.  I also tried extracting onto my computer and dragging the files over to the SD card.

I have to go to work now, but I will play with it some more.

Feel free to leave any more suggestions.

Thanks again,

Darryl


Darryl Ellis
 

Oh BTW, the fact that you got it work under similar circumstances gives me confidence that I will eventually get it to work.  But it really shouldn't take all this, lol!  


Thomas O
 

Darryl,

Below is a screenshot of my sd card on my tablet.  To be redundant I copied and pasted just about every combination of the database.  For example,

SD Card>Images + Sqllite
SD Card>ExploreStars + Images + Sqlite
SD Card>ExploreStars>ExploreStars>Images + Sq Lite

I'm sure you'll get it to work one way or another, I was getting frustrated too!


Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering
 

You might want to check on your Android tablet under Settings - Apps - ExploreStars - Permissions (Storage) make sure the permission is on for your external storage device.
--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh@...
www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home




Darryl Ellis
 

Thank you,  Jerry.   I did add you said and I am still getting the same error message. 

I noticed in the app itself on the settings page,  it lists the location the app is looking away for the database.  (See attached).  

I even tried creating that location, but that didn't work either.  Is there a way to change that setting?

I will do as Things did and keep trying different things until I get it to work. 

Thanks, 

Darryl


On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 6:17 PM, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific
<jrh@...> wrote:
You might want to check on your Android tablet under Settings - Apps - ExploreStars - Permissions (Storage) make sure the permission is on for your external storage device.
--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh@...
www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home




Wes Mcdonald
 

Darryl:

I don't see your attachment.  But on my Samsung Tab A the location is /storage/extSdcard/Explorestars which points to the SD card and the directory in the root of Explorestars.  This is the directory that should be created on the SD card when you unzip to it or move it to the card.

Wes.



Darryl Ellis
 

Hi Thomas, Jerry, Wes, and Anybody Else That Can Help, lol:

Sorry about the delayed response and dragging this out, but I am still having troubles getting the app to work right on my Samsung Tab A with Android 7.0.

Attached are some screenshots of my app and file tree.  In the app shots, you can see the error I am getting.  It is the same one Thomas was getting.  In the other app shot, you can see where the app is looking for the database on my tablet.  The final two screenshots show my file tree.  I have an ExploreStars folder and an ExplorStars Complete folder as I have tried numerous combinations as Thomas.

I also tried extracting on my desktop and copying the file tree, and I tried extracting directly to the SD Card from my desktop.  One thing I noticed is I do not have the SQLite folder as Thomas does.  Could this be a problem?  I downloaded the database zip file directly from the ExploreStars website.

Thanks,

Darryl


Darryl Ellis
 

Hi All,

To confirm I just downloaded the database file again from the ExploreStars website, and the SQLite folder is not in the extracted zip file.

Could someone please send me a copy of the zip file that contains this directory as I suspect this may be the reason I cannot get the app to work on my tablet?

Thanks,

Darryl


Wes Mcdonald
 

I guess I agree that you are missing the application ExploreStars.sqlite.

My Explorestars directory on the SD card has one folder, Images, and the .sqlite app.  So until you figure out how to get that, you probably will continue to get the error message.

I just downloaded the Explorestars.zip and unpacked it onto my MAC.  The file structure it creates is:

Explorestars (folder)
          Images (sub folder)
          ExploreStares.sqlite

All of that needs to be at the root of the SD card.

Somehow it appears that when you created the folder the app did not get put there.

Don't know what to tell you.  Start with a formatted SD card.  download the Explorestars.zip file from http://02d3287.netsolhost.com/pmc-eight/Android.html onto your computer.

Unzip the foil either directly to an SD card plugged into a reader on your computer or into a file folder on your computer.

If you unzipped onto the SD card then look to see if you got the file structure above.  Same if on the computer.  If on the computer move the EXploreStars folder to the SD card root.

That should work.

Wes.






On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 4:57 PM Darryl Ellis via Groups.Io <dhellis1959=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Thomas, Jerry, Wes, and Anybody Else That Can Help, lol:

Sorry about the delayed response and dragging this out, but I am still having troubles getting the app to work right on my Samsung Tab A with Android 7.0.

Attached are some screenshots of my app and file tree.  In the app shots, you can see the error I am getting.  It is the same one Thomas was getting.  In the other app shot, you can see where the app is looking for the database on my tablet.  The final two screenshots show my file tree.  I have an ExploreStars folder and an ExplorStars Complete folder as I have tried numerous combinations as Thomas.

I also tried extracting on my desktop and copying the file tree, and I tried extracting directly to the SD Card from my desktop.  One thing I noticed is I do not have the SQLite folder as Thomas does.  Could this be a problem?  I downloaded the database zip file directly from the ExploreStars website.

Thanks,

Darryl


Wes Mcdonald
 

Ah Ha.  I bet your security setting somewhere are killing off the app.  You using a windows machine?  

I don't think I can attach that big a file.  Let me post the extracted sqlite file.  I think it should be ok to just put it on the card in the right place, but I don't know.

Wes.


Darryl Ellis
 

Cancel that last request.  I just realized that the zip on the ExploreStars website is different that the one on the http://02d3287.netsolhost.com/pmc-eight/Android.html website.  

I'm getting ready to try the latter.

Thanks,

Darryl


Wes Mcdonald
 

Welllll.  I uploaded them anyhow.  Jerry if that is a no-no I guess you should clean them off.  See the file section.
Wes.


On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 5:47 PM Darryl Ellis via Groups.Io <dhellis1959=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Cancel that last request.  I just realized that the zip on the ExploreStars website is different that the one on the http://02d3287.netsolhost.com/pmc-eight/Android.html website.  

I'm getting ready to try the latter.

Thanks,

Darryl


Darryl Ellis
 

SUCCESS!!!!

Download the right zip file from the right webpage, DUH!

Thanks Wes, Thomas, Jerry, All.

Darryl


Edski <Edski2000@...>
 

I watched this thread with interest as I was attempting to install Explorestars too on a new Samsung 7" tab.  My problem was I unknowingly had a bad SD card.  After multiple failed attemps,replaced the card with a much larger card and followed the instructions word by word and I was successful too.  


Jay Stanley
 

I'm trying to install on an LG Gpad 8x. I've got the ExploreStars App installed and the database structure as such SD:/Explorestars/images and aslo the ExploreStars.sqlite. Still getting the same error message.
Also tried installing the