Topics

Problem with connecting to ASCOM driver #EXOS2 #ASCOM

We have a new member milestone of 300 members. We have people leaving every once in a while also, but we are steadily growing about 20-25 members a month.

Thanks for everyone's support of this site and product. I very much appreciate it.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

omar1166@...

Hi all. I just joined recently. I have done some astrophotography with DSLR and the star adventurer with autoguiding but I'm new to telescopes and complete mounts. I've been reading a bit about the PMC8 mount and have got a lot of useful information here. I just got the EXOS2-PMC8 and the ED102 APO (by just I mean I just picked them up from UPS and they're sitting in my car until I get down with my workday). I'm looking forward to the adventure!

Omar

Chris Tardif

Thanks for doing this Jerry.

I didn't know when I started that astronomy is a team sport.

Chris

--
Mounts: Explore Scientific IEXOS-100 w Celestron CG5 tripod, iOptron CEM 40
Scopes: Explore Scientific FCD-100 ED-102CF, Various Canon lenses, ZWO mini-guidescope, StarField 60mm guide-scope.

Wes Mcdonald

A group sport indeed.  A forum such as this is the difference between owning an expensive closet clogging mess and an inexpensive window into the universe.  Most of us can't do this alone.

Thanks Jerry for setting up the forum as part of the product line.  Invaluable.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Gord Farmer

HiJerry
I have a question regarding my exos2 mount.
I have downloaded APT and the ascom driver and yet it keeps saying telescope disconnected.
I’m missing something any help would be greatly appreciated.
Having a good time with the scope but I’d like to take some photos it connects to my camera but not the scope.

Regards
Gord Farmer

jrh at explorescientific.com

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 08:35 AM, Gord Farmer wrote:
I have downloaded APT and the ascom driver and yet it keeps saying telescope disconnected.
There are a few things that are needed when using the ASCOM driver that have been discussed a lot over the three years since this forum has been available. Also, there are several knowledge base articles available detailing all the setup and configuration that you need to do, plus videos discussing this. Here is a link to a list of message threads on this forum that should answer your questions.

https://espmc-eight.groups.io/g/MAIN/search?ev=false&q=ASCOM+Driver

I would like to remind everyone that there is a very effective search tool in this forum where you can find the answers to probably 99% of your questions.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data