Topics

Anyone in the Greater Toronto Area willing to give a beginner walk through? #starparty

Alex Arjomand

I was wondering whether any active forum users live in the Toronto area and would be willing to give a walk through of how to use the EXOS-2 PMC8?

For context - I’m not new to astronomy and have a dob and Nexstar 8SE (alt-az). I bought the EXOS2 PMC8 as an upgrade to the Nexstar mount (using the C8 sct). I am however completely new to equatorial mounts and everything that comes along with it. Very excited to learn :)

I was hoping there might be someone out there willing to show me the ropes? If not I will figure everything out through manuals, this excellent forum, and Toronto star parties (rasc).

Thanks all!

Cheers
Alex

Chris Tardif

Hey Alex....I live in Aurora and would participate.  I am very new to astrophotography....< 2 months so I’m learning as well.  I got into because of www.astrobackyard.com.  Trevor is from St. Catharines and has great tips for beginners.

Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I was wondering whether any active forum users live in the Toronto area and would be willing to give a walk through of how to use the EXOS-2 PMC8?

For context - I’m not new to astronomy and have a dob and Nexstar 8SE (alt-az). I bought the EXOS2 PMC8 as an upgrade to the Nexstar mount (using the C8 sct). I am however completely new to equatorial mounts and everything that comes along with it. Very excited to learn :)

I was hoping there might be someone out there willing to show me the ropes? If not I will figure everything out through manuals, this excellent forum, and Toronto star parties (rasc).

Thanks all!

Cheers
Alex

Alex Arjomand

Hi Chris

Great & nice to meet you! Yes I’ve watched many astrobackyard videos too.

To clarify - did you want to participate in or to lead a wakthrough? Either way is great.

Thanks
Alex

AstroObsessed

I’m interested in meeting up as well as I’ve had one for a little bit but feel like I’ve plenty to learn.

I’m just north of Newmarket.
--
Samuel

Newmarket, ON, Canada

Mount: ES EXOS2 W/ PMC8

Scope: Orion 8" Astrograph

Cameras: Canon T3i, ZWO ASI120MM Mini, RisingCam IMX224

Chris Tardif

Participate...I’m too new at this.