Topics

All Explorestars App Request

jrichard333 <jrichard333@hotmail.com>

Good day,

Future Explorer Star request for the next app update.

My Request:

Is it possible to add location positions for alignment stars and/ or Messier objects (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW)?

Reason for requests:

This would greatly assist others during star alignment process.   It is my belief, the 3-star alignment  process is the way to go; to fine tune the goto function.

North Alignment:  Polaris

East Alignment;

South Alignment:

West Alignment:

Example from Skeye App:

This is the app I use for indoor alignment as I continue to fine tune the Goto function.  If I ever get the energy, I will attempt to correlate the app to the real world.

JR

_._,_._,_

Craig Bobchin

Here's a list of what I would like to see in the next version:

Hide objects below the horizon. If they're not visible, then there's no need to show them in the list.

High precision sync/sync on the current object. It will belp in refining the pointing model an ensure centering on faint objects that might not be visible.

Some form of polar alignment correction/assistance.

Integration with Sky Safari so you can slew to an object by clicking on the star map.

Move the slew to object button to the top of the object screen and/or long press on an item to slew to it.

More as I think of it.

Wes Mcdonald

Craig:

You can run the PMC8 via SkySafari now, but you have to use ASCOM to do it.  The 10000 ft method follows:

1.  Load up ASCOM on your Windows laptop
2.  Connect up PMC8 via serial
3.  Start POTH and connect to the ES ASCOM driver via POTH
4.  Load a program called WiFiScope, an ASCOM client, on your laptop and start it.  Connect it to the POTH
5.  Connect your laptop wifi to your home LAN
6.  Ensure your mobile device is connected to your LAN
7.  Run SkySafari and configure it per WiFiScope instructions.

Works well.

Wes.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Thomas Olson

I think it would be nice if the Android version had a selection to select the OTG port, so can talk directly to the PMC8 and use the android device like a hand controller with out the WIFI.

On 6/7/19 9:04 PM, Craig Bobchin wrote:
Here's a list of what I would like to see in the next version:

Hide objects below the horizon. If they're not visible, then there's no need to show them in the list.

High precision sync/sync on the current object. It will belp in refining the pointing model an ensure centering on faint objects that might not be visible.

Some form of polar alignment correction/assistance.

Integration with Sky Safari so you can slew to an object by clicking on the star map.

Move the slew to object button to the top of the object screen and/or long press on an item to slew to it.

More as I think of it.

Craig Bobchin

Wes,

I'm not using a laptop, I'm using a tablet only. So those instructions while good (and complicated) are really not too helpful for me. I'd love it if ExplorStsars can use Skysafari on a single device (Skywatcher's Synscan can do this with no issues on Android).

I plan on using the mount, tablet and DSLR/Lens only if at all possible.