Topics

New Hashtag for Highly Technical Content #ExploreScientific #TECHNICAL

Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering

Edited

To help those who are not up to speed with some of the highly technical content that I and others may include in their postings, I have created the hashtag #TECHNICAL to help identify these posts. This may help those that wish to avoid that content, although I always encourage everyone to learn as much as possible about the system and ask questions. I define technical to mean any post that includes calculations and/or equipment configuration details. There my be other topics that would be considered highly technical also. My thinking is that this should be considered from the point of view of a novice user not necessarily from a rank beginner, someone that has "some" experience.

I am going to try and review my posts (at least the most recent ones over the past few months) and add the #TECHNICAL hashtag to those messages. I encourage anyone that has posted technical content to also go back and review their posts to edit the title of the thread to include the #TECHNICAL hashtag.

I would like to suggest that if you are using the #TECHNICAL hashtag with a new post or an existing post that you make it the first hashtag in the series.

Thanks!
--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!