Reminder - PMC Configuration utility WARNING - FIXED

Eric Harant

Edited

EDIT - From Chris Moses:  Sorry for the bug.  It is now fixed and available in the UserContributions area of the File section.  Very sorry for the bug!

Hello,
I use PMC8 Configuration Manager to install ExploreStars Database.
It work fine but it  remove absolutly all filles in the "Pictures" directory. Leaving only empty sub folders
A  good PC cleaner !!!

Take care before using it.

Best regards
--
Eric
Nargis (45) France.

57 years old, Computer science engineer.
Some skills in sofware development (Windows / Unix)
Canon EOS 10D, 40D, 600D 1300D, EOS-R. + several lenses.
ToupTek IMX 294 cooled camera.
ZWO ASI120MM
BRESSER Messier AR-102xs/460, Bresser Messier AR-152S/760
Orion 80ED.
MAK INTES 713.
Meade LX200 GPS 10"
Old Losmandy G11.
SvBony 60mm x 240mm guide scope.

Błażej Haniszewski

Why dont download from site?

Błażej Haniszewski

Wiadomość napisana przez eric.harant@... w dniu 20.08.2019, o godz. 14:17:

[...]

Inthewoods

Hi Eric,
I simply downloaded database zip file from website to desktop. Clicked on file which brought up file explore. Then clicked extract all to SD card. t(I removed from Android device and inserted into pc slot on PC) clicked replace all. After completed, removed SD card (unmount external storage first) inserted into android device and opened explore stars and it worked as advertised.
Thanks
--
EXOSII with PMC Eight
Explore Scientific AR152

W. Christopher Moses

FIXED.
There was indeed a bug.  I have fixed it.
Very sorry!
--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11, Losmandy AZ8
Scopes: Tak FSQ 106 EDX4, AT 115, WO Star 71, Mallincam RC6

Eric Harant

Thanks for the advice.
I already do that several times with success.
I just want to try this function of PMC Conf Manager.
My message was just to notify a bug and warn users that there is a risk of loosing precious photos.
For me it was no a issue because I use this folder for temporary pictures that I save later (and forget to remove)
A big cleanup !
Will not try to recover them.

Best regards
--
Eric
Nargis (45) France.

57 years old, Computer science engineer.
Some skills in sofware development (Windows / Unix)
Canon EOS 10D, 40D, 600D 1300D, EOS-R. + several lenses.
ToupTek IMX 294 cooled camera.
ZWO ASI120MM
BRESSER Messier AR-102xs/460, Bresser Messier AR-152S/760
Orion 80ED.
MAK INTES 713.
Meade LX200 GPS 10"
Old Losmandy G11.
SvBony 60mm x 240mm guide scope.

Configuration Manager version 1.0.3 is available on the Explore Scientific Software and Downloads page here:
https://explorescientificusa.com/pages/software-and-downloads-for-pmc-eight-system

Everyone who uses the Configuration Manager should go ahead and download this latest version.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data