Topics

Messier 33 with the G-11 PMC8 & ED127CF FCD100 #G11 #astrophotography

Steve Siedentop

I took the boys camping out at Deerlick Astronomy Village near Atlanta and spent some time imaging Messier 33 with an Explore Scientific ED127CF FDC100 telescope and an Explore Scientific PMC-Eight G11 mount. Both performed flawlessly. This image represents 34 five minute images at ISO 800 with a Central DS CDS-600D Cooled DSLR. We were plagued with a very persistent horsefly that met an untimely demise, but the night was otherwise great!

I'm linking to the image as I used 2x Drizzle during processing so it's larger than usual even in compressed JPG format.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/c4u2cw/0/

-Steve

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11, Skywatcher NEQ-6, Celestron AVX
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Celestron C6, Stellarvue SV80ED, Coronado Solarmax 40

Wes Mcdonald

Steve

I think you just made the best advertisement photo ever for the ES gear.  That picture of M33 is stunningly beautiful.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Scott - Moron Astronomer

Steve,

This is unbelievable to me that we have equipment that can do this. I'm preparing to hopefully take my first deep space photo in the near future. Wes has been setting me up for success slowly but surely. I hope I can get a shot 10% as good as yours.

Scott
--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 Exos II
Scopes: ES 127ED

Paul Shirley

Absolutely stunning shot. Congratulations!

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 9:46 AM Steve Siedentop <sdsiedentop@...> wrote:
[...]

Heck, I hope I can get a shot 10% as good.
Wes.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Steve Siedentop

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11, Skywatcher NEQ-6, Celestron AVX
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Celestron C6, Stellarvue SV80ED, Coronado Solarmax 40
Cameras:  CentralDS CDS-600, Canon T3i, Orion Starshoot SSAG
Msc: Moonlite Focusers, Astrozap Dew Straps, Pegasus Ultimate PowerBox
Software: PixInsight, Cartes du Ciel, BackyardEOS, Stellarmate/INDI/K-Stars/EKOS, Astro IIDC, SkySafari

Steve Siedentop

Thank you for the kind words, everyone!  I appreciate that this is a community where we’re supportive of each other’s efforts.

I’ve been a bit checked out dealing with some family issues over the past several months.  Things are settling down now and I’ll be more involved on both the steering committee and the group in general.

The firmware update seems to be the ticket.  Guiding was very uneventful that night.

-Steve
--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11 with Ruland Couplers and One Piece Worm Blocks, Skywatcher NEQ-6, Celestron AVX