Topics

Recent photos with ES G11 #G11 #astrophotography

JI THERIOT <ji.theriot@...>

Edited

Here’s a couple of images that I’ve taken over the last month or so using my ES G11. Guiding usually averages around .6” while average FWHM for the images is typically around 1.3”, which is pretty small IMO.

The camera was a ZWO AsI1600MM Pro with Astronomik filters looking through a Televue NP101IS.  Full images can be found on my Astrobin page:  https://www.astrobin.com/users/riot1013/

Wes Mcdonald

Ji

Beautiful.  So good.

Wes

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 12:15 AM JI THERIOT via Groups.Io <ji.theriot=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Added info]

Here’s a couple of images that I’ve taken over the last month or so using my ES G11. Guiding usually averages around .6” while average FWHM for the images is typically around 1.3”, which is pretty small IMO.

The camera was a ZWO AsI1600MM Pro with Astronomik filters looking through a Televue NP101IS.  Full images can be found on my Astrobin page:  https://www.astrobin.com/users/riot1013/

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

JI THERIOT <ji.theriot@...>

Thank you Wes.

JI THERIOT <ji.theriot@...>

Here are a few more images. These were all done with the G11 as well. The Swan was done with my ES ED 127FCD. The Veil and Elephant Trunk were done with the Televue NP101is. All of these used ZWO filters.

Wes Mcdonald

Ji

Wow, three more beauties.  Man.  You shoot mono with filters?  How many subs per?  Sub duration?

Wes.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

JI THERIOT <ji.theriot@...>

Wes,
The Swan image was 2033 30sec subs for 16.9 hrs total...I will never do that again!

All of the others were 300sec subs for narrowband and 120sec subs for LRGB.

M33- 10.2 hours of exposure time
Elephant Trunk- 8.9 hrs
Veil- 7.7 hrs
Crescent- 10.5 hrs
Lagoon- 6.1 hrs

JI THERIOT <ji.theriot@...>

Wes,
Check out my Astrobin page.  There is a lot of detail on exposure times, gain settings, sky darkness etc.

Ji

Wes Mcdonald

Ji

😮. No, I guess you won't.  That's a lot of time.  I will take a gander at your site.  Thanks

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

JI THERIOT <ji.theriot@...>

Here’s is two more:
the Leo Triplet shot in RGB with my ES ED127 FCD 100.  Total exposure time is 7.8 hrs.  This to date my favorite galaxy photo.
The second is the North America Nebula shot in Ha, OIII and SII.  Total exposure time is about 19 hours.

Lloyd Simons

That is the one of the best photos of the Leo triplet I have seen. Bravo!
--
Lloyd Simons
Mattawan, MI

JI THERIOT <ji.theriot@...>

 Thank you very much Lloyd

JI THERIOT <ji.theriot@...>

Wes,
 The exposure time wasn’t really the problem. I usually just set it up and go to bed… The problem was processing 2000+ images. I spent more time waiting for stuff to process that I actually did imaging. That many images is just extremely taxing on the computer.

Ji