Topics

Exos2 PMC8 5 Min Subs At F9

Darryl Ellis

Attached, see the results I'm getting as we speak with my Exos2 PMC8 carrying an Astrotech RC6 with an Orion ST80  guidescope.

Though there is always room for improvement, I'm a happy camper.

Darryl
--

DHEllis59, Dover, DE
Explorer Scientific 80mm EDT

Darryl,

And so you should be... 1370mm FL !!
I had wondered how a long-FL folded-optics scope of one kind or another would do on this mount.  Guess I have my answer.

I zoomed my browser up to 500% on your #033252 image, and the stars in the center of field still looked round to me. :-)

- Bob

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide

Darryl Ellis

I have gotten more than a few suggestions regarding guidescope size in relation to the imaging scope.  It really did make the difference.  With my former 130mm fl 30mm wide guidescope, I could barely get 1 min subs though I could get 5 min subs using it with an f5 refractor.  The upgrade in autoguide camera from the 5iic to the 5iiic290 seems to have helped as well.

The Exos2 PMC8 is holding it's own!

Thanks,

Darryl