Topics

Missing data files for explore stars app #ExploreStars

charles mckowen

Just bought a new 2 in 1 laptop. It’s a lenovo flex 14, running Windows 10. Unzipped the data files and install the app. After opening the app, it says please wait where the control pad should be. Everything is in order besides the control pad and NGC/IC files missing. Can anyone help or know what I’m talking about? Thanks in advance for the help. - Charles Mckowen

Wes Mcdonald

Charles:

As I recall the windows app gives you the please wait message if you are not connected via wireless to the PMC8 network.  Make sure your PC is connected after a clean boot of the PMC8.  Always make sure nothing else is set to attach to the PMC8 automatically.

Wes.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG

Also Charles, update your signature so we can see what equipment you are using.
Wes.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Dan Kahraman

Charles:

Files/catalogs are not lost. They are installed. Type in the NGC or IC number and the scope or cursor will go there.

Dan Kahraman