Please keep sharing your experiences with the PMC-Eight, and asking your questions, I think everyone appreciates coming hear and reading about what new successes, and yes, failures, are occurring with the system.

Thanks for your continued support!
Clear Skies

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

brian skinner

Hi Jerry, I must apologise for starting the lens vs telescope discussion and fully appreciate your concern about this.
Obviously we (absolute) beginners are likely to, from time to time, seek hints from more experienced users of your iEXOS 100 system on topics that may not strictly be direct mount topics, fully understood.
All I can say is that I am extremely happy with my iEXOS 100 system and I (as I'm sure the majority of your customers also) very much appreciate the forums available to us.
Kind regards, Brian

On Tue, 4 Feb 2020, 16:19 Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering, <jrh@...> wrote:
I recently locked a thread on the PMC-Eight iEXOS 100 Beginner's subgroup entitled "Lense vs telescope". The initial response I made (message 39 in the thread) talked about the discussion moving into DSLR photography and was off topic.

I misspoke, and I apologize for any confusion this caused.

The discussion had veered off into discussions of image processing DSLR images. The reason I locked it was because of that, not because it was about DSLRs. We welcome discussion about any topic related to PMC-Eight mount system performance in terms of imaging, tracking, guiding, ease of use, etc. That is the purpose of the forum and we especially like seeing the results of your imaging sessions using any camera you care to use. So I apologize again for any confusion. I should have said this is not an image processing forum, it is a mount system forum.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:06 PM, brian skinner wrote:
Hi Jerry, I must apologise for starting the lens vs telescope discussion
Hi Brian,  no worries.

I would suggest to everybody to post anything they like within the general guidelines. if you have a question about whether the post is on the edge you can send me a message and ask.  I prefer to have everyone's post show up immediately instead of moderating every post as it comes in (not showing it until approved) which is another option.

Thanks

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data