Topics

Incorrect Password iPad #iEXOS-100

@JohnDT

Hi,
My problem is that attempting to connect my iPad mini to my iEXOS-100 using the Password 'PMC-Eight' returns 'incorrect password'.
There is no no problem connecting my Windows 10 laptop.
I have tried various remedies - including logging on using network 'other...', resetting the network in Settings and changing from a UK to a US keyboard.
My old iPhone 5s also generates 'incorrect password'. The hyphen may be the issue but no joy with cutting and pasting the password.
Any suggestions welcomed!

Skull HQX

You should not have the channel dongle inserted in the mount. That might be the cause.

Regards

Op vr 7 feb. 2020 om 13:07 schreef <johntolliday433m@...>

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 07:07 AM, <johntolliday433m@...> wrote:
The hyphen may be the issue but no joy with cutting and pasting the password.
Any suggestions welcomed!
HI John,

If I recall, we have seen this problem one other time but it was related to the language selected on the device. You are correct in that it is probably the hyphen that is hanging things up. You said it worked on your Windows device so to verify, you used the password "PMC-Eight" on your Windows laptop and it worked fine, is that correct?  If so then you have verified that that is the correct password for the SSID.

After thinking about it, can you try switching languages to another language such as French, and then back to English on your device to see if that helps. Make sure your keyboard is also US to get that out of the way.

Thanks

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

@JohnDT

Solved! Removing the Channel dongle worked. Thanks Skull HQX!
I don't understand what the dongle is needed for!

Skull HQX

Well, you are not the first one to make that mistake. I'm guilty as charged.

Glad I could help.

Btw, I have found the quality of power delivery to the mount is important too to have it function correctly.
That would have been my next suggestion as I don't think the usage of a hyphen in a password could really be a problem.

Clear skies.

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 1:27 PM <johntolliday433m@...> wrote:
Solved! Removing the Channel dongle worked. Thanks Skull HQX!
I don't understand what the dongle is needed for!

Wes Mcdonald

John

I don’t know how Skull knew you had that dongle in there but what a guess.

The dongle is used to change the wifi channel number.  Each time the thing is inserted and removed the WiFi channel number employed by the pmc8 advances by 1.  It is my view the thing should be operated at channel 1, 6, or 11. The PMC8 is shipped on some other of the 11 possible channel numbers.  Btw when the channel number gets to 11 the next dongle insert/ removal rolls it back to 1.

Note as Skull said the WiFi won’t function with the dongle installed.

Regards

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired