Topics

Question about astrophotography #astrophotography

Mike K <tribefan1975@...>

Hello. Always wanted a telescope my whole life and recently jumped into it with an Explore First light 80mm and for now and future a PMC Eight mount. My question is will the telescope be able to accommodate holding DSLR weight and what exactly at minimum is required to couple the 2 pieces of equipment? Camera body is Canon. Thanks for any info!

Hi Mike,

Since you are a beginner you are no doubt wanting to learn as much as you can about the hobby and your equipment. The best forum that I have found for beginners to find answers about the hobby and how to use telescopes is the CloudyNights forum.

https://www.cloudynights.com/

The PMC-Eight forum has been established as a specialty equipment forum and as such is really only to be used to discuss the PMC-Eight mounts and control system. Please feel free to ask questions about how to use the mount and your experiences using the mount.

Thanks again for joining us!

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data