Topics

Explore Stars - 3 Star Alignment pre Set ? #OpenGOTO #ExploreStars #alignment

Kai Gr <hififreak777@...>

Is there any Way/Option to Pre set the Stars used für the 3 Star Alignment ? Lets say the 3 Star Alignment alway´s uses "Alkaid" + "Regulus" + "Shedar" or some othe Configuration that matches the Owners Place/Location.

Kent Marts- Explore Scientific Customer Service

No, there is no way to do that.

Here's something you can do.

Go into settings and turn auto align off.

Now, when you go to do a two- or three-star alignment, rather than the mount taking off automatically to the star, it waits for you to tap the GOTO button down on the right.

If you can't see that star, tap Next. When you get a star you can see, tap GOTO and off it goes.

After you've finished the star alignment, you can leave  auto-align off, but you'll have to tap Slew To Target, then the GOTO button. Or, turn auto align back on.

Another tip, each time you start a viewing session, before doing a star alignment, tap the reset alignment button.

--
Kent Marts
Customer Service

Gear: Anything in the store!

Kai Gr <hififreak777@...>

With this Auto align setting, this sounds good...

I always Reset the Alignment because i have to Drive to serval Spots out of my Town for Astrophotography... I wish i had Place whre i can set all up and leave it there.. ;)

Maybe in the Future...

Kent Marts- Explore Scientific Customer Service

I live in a forest, so my view of the sky is very limited. I have to go somewhere, too.

As you said, maybe in the future....

--
Kent Marts
Customer Service