Built in bubble level is off #iEXOS-100 #iexos-100-mini

George Fargone

After a number of measurement including a laser level I am sure that the built in bubble level is way off on my iExos-100. This makes leveling the mount a real chore since there are no flat surfaces to apply small retrofit levels.

Is anyone blessed with this problem?

Lloyd Simons <simonsl23@...>

George,

My bubble level is not accurate either. I bought one of these to place on the tripod to level it before attaching the mount. It works well. There is also a bubble level in the PS Align Pro App used for polar alignment. It didn't work as well for me but YMMV.
--
Lloyd Simons
Mattawan, MI

Jed Fish

Mine is off, and I confirmed this by leveling it multiple ways (not always easy; as you note, there are few flat surfaces on the mount itself) using two different tripods.
It’s always off by the same amount in the same direction, of course.
My high tech solution was to simply mark the correct spot with a dot from a sharpie.  The bubble lines up perfectly with the dot...
--
Jed Fish
ES ED102

George Fargone

Got a bit smaller version of those already, but I was hoping not to take off the mount head to level. I think I will fabricate a metal sheet protrusion that inserts between the tripod and the mount. Then glue the bubble level on that.
Thank You

George Fargone

Hi Jed,
That is a great and simple solution!
Thanks

Doug Doonan

On my mount the underside of the mount ( just below where the legs attach ) is paralel with the top of the base where the rest of the stuff sits. So a good accurate 10 inch level can be used to level the mount by using this "underside". You have to use the level both NS and EW, obviously.
Doug