Topics

Polar alignment

Dale65

This is the second night I have had my mount out and set up polar aligned and did a two star alignment and can't find a damn thing, can't even find Venus. It's always about 15 degrees west.shut everything down started from scratch and still way out. I am pulling my damn hair out over this anyone have any ideas?

Rick Hughes

15 degrees of course is one hour so check your time.
--
Mount: EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC EXOS2-GT EQUATORIAL MOUNT WITH PMC-EIGHT GOTO SYSTEM
Scope: ED115 FPL53 115MM F/5.5 AIR-SPACED TRIPLET ED APO REFRACTOR IN CARBON FIBER

Dale65

I can't figure out how to change the daylight savings time setting, I was using my tablet GPS and time setting Ibut I can't find and adjustment setting in the android app.

Wes Mcdonald

Dale

The android explorestars uses the tablet time and date.  Go to android date and time setting. Turn on automatic date and time.  Make sure your time zone is set.  Connect the tablet to the internet and let it set time.  That is all here is to it.

If you are still off an hour then try changing your time zone.  Mine in NC is gmt -  4

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Dale65

Already tried this date and time  correct and automatically sync

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020, 11:27 AM Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
Dale

The android explorestars uses the tablet time and date.  Go to android date and time setting. Turn on automatic date and time.  Make sure your time zone is set.  Connect the tablet to the internet and let it set time.  That is all here is to it.

If you are still off an hour then try changing your time zone.  Mine in NC is gmt -  4

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Dale65

I looked into this and my date and time are correct,  first thing I checked after reading the boards