locked User Experience Poll #poll #ExploreScientific

Dear Members,

It's been a while since I did a poll on the forum, and I wanted to get an update on the experience level of our users. Please let me know if you have any unique experiences that you bring to the astronomical hobby.

Thanks for your participation !

Please select the answer that best matches your experience level when you purchased your PMC-Eight system.

Results

Robert Parks

--
Robert Scott Parks - Northwest Arkansas, USA

Mount: Explore Scientific EXOS II GT WITH PMC-8
Polar Finder: EXOS II integrated with illuminated reticle
Telescope: Explore Scientific 127mm f/7.5 FCD1 Air-Spaced Triplet ED APO Refractor
Finder: Telrad
Hardware: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7", Dell Venue 10 Pro 32bit OS, Samsung Galaxy S20+
Steering Software: ExploreStars App, ASCOM/POTH + StellariumScope/Stellarium + Wifi Scope + SkySafari Pro

Bruce Bradley <landru@...>

-- I really fit none of these categories. I’ve been an amateur astronomer for about 35 years only recently used a GEM. I’ve used a Celestron C8 for most of my amateur years mounted on a equatorial wedge. I’ve only done a little bit of piggyback astrophotography with a 200 mm lens mounted on a Minolta Camera using Ektachrome 200 slide film.

So you tell me where I fit in this pole.

Scopes - Celestron Comet Catcher, Celestron C8, AR 127 Air-Spaced Doublet
Mount - EXOS-2GT

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 05:34 PM, Bruce Bradley wrote:
So you tell me where I fit in this pole.
I would generally rate you as Level 7 probably based on your combined experience.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

James Ball

In a similar boat as above, before getting the iEXOS-100 I had a ETX90RA and did a little visual over the years then about three years ago started some lunar and planetary photography with a modified webcam then year before last using the ETX and ZWO camera, and last year with the IEXOS.  So it was visual and planetary photography without GOTO capability.  Seems like 5.5 lol.
--
James Ball
Dawson Springs, Ky