Topics

iexos-100 dslr hookup #iEXOS-100

Daniel Burdziak

I got my iexos-100 today, and I was curious on if I’ll need a quick release, or ball-head in order to use my dslr with it, as I don’t have a telescope or dovetail. If so are they universal or is there a certain type/size I’d need? I found a camera store close that has them, just don’t want to get the wrong one.

W.F.

Hi,
a dovetail vixenstyle is ok.
There are some only for use with the dsrl.
Also a reddot finder and a adapter for the flashlight shoe is helpful when you use the pmc-8 only with the dsrl.
With this you can see in what way you move your optics.
I buyed the reddot finder already when i use the dsrl only with an tripot.
It was really helpful.
Greetings Wolfgang.

Hi,

We offer a dovetail plate on our website, you can find it here:
https://explorescientificusa.com/collections/mount-accessories/products/camera-dovetail-plate

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data