Exos2gt balancing weights

Kevin Rea <reakevinscott@...>

Hi guys,
I use my Celestron C8 on my exos2gt mount.
I have been using just one counter balance weight to balance the scope.
It came with two of the weights.
should I be using both of the weights so I can move them up towards the center of gravity balance of the scope ??

Thanks,
Kevin Rea
Lancaster California USA

Chris Tardif

I believe that is correct.  The further the weight is away the more likely you are to get flexure in the counter weight rod. More weight closer to the mount will be more stable.  It's minor, but its true.
--
Mounts: Explore Scientific IEXOS-100 w Celestron CG5 tripod, iOptron CEM 40
Scopes: Explore Scientific FCD-100 ED-102CF, Various Canon lenses, ZWO mini-guidescope, StarField 60mm guide-scope.

Kevin Rea <reakevinscott@...>

Ok.. thanks.

Kevin