Polar Alignment

duker@...

Hi Folks,

Just received my new ES Mount, and while balancing it, noticed that the polar park position, the internal mount obscurs the viewing through the polar scope.

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?
See pic attached.

Travis

To use polar scope you need to release DEC lever and adjust DEC so that your OTA is perpendicular to polar direction.

hope this helps
--
Mount: EXOS2-GT
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro

Timothy Myers

Having the scope in this position also helps prevent you from hitting the scope with your head when you lift up from looking through the polar scope.
--
Tim Myers

Telescopes:     Celestron 4SE, Celestron 8SE, SkyWatcher 100ED Pro
Mounts:           4-5 SE, 6-8SE, EXOS-2GT with PMC-Eight
Cameras:        ASI1600MC, Cooled
Tablets:           Asus Nexus 7, Amazon Fire 7
Laptop:           Lenovo

duker@...

@Travis and @Tim, ah, thanks, That makes sense.