Topics

#iexos-100 #iEXOS-100

esanc001@...

Hello!
I am new to the group and I've been wanting to get into Astrophotography, I purchased the iexos-100 mount and ed-80 triplet.  I really like the setup but I decided to buy a canon t6i dslr and a 60mm + asi120mini to guide.

for sometime now, I been struggling to get the guiding to work then Kent told me that I really need to connect the mount to be used manually so that can use a third party software to help with this chore something like the APT application which I am trying to learn.

After watching videos, checking out information from Jerry, I managed to finally connect the mount using the mini-usb and all of the ASCOM drivers, etc.  I am able to connect to APT. POTH Hub, cartes du ciel to move around, I still need to learn because I was so used to explore starts.

The current struggle that i have right now is GUIDING, I get the same error, PULSEGuide command to mount has failed.  i connect the zwo asi camera and the mount to POTH Hub ASCOM).  I know that my connection to the ASCOM POTH Hub is good because i can connect and slew the scope.

If anyone has any insight that can help me, I would be most grateful as I am out of things to try.

thank you!

Chris Tardif

I have that camera as well and the setup in PHD looks like this where PHD connects directly to the camera and to POTH to access the mount.

--
Mounts: Explore Scientific IEXOS-100 w Celestron CG5 tripod, iOptron CEM 40
Scopes: Explore Scientific FCD-100 ED-102CF, Various Canon lenses, ZWO mini-guidescope, StarField 60mm guide-scope.

esanc001@...

Hi Chris
I managed to figure out how to do some kind of signature and how to add a tittle on posts going forward, thanks for your reply!

on the picture I see both have a “disconnect” green color as you show on mount label on your poc.

its been a learning for me taking a long time to get here but I knew what I was getting into but I hope to be up an running soon!

thanks for looking at my long post and reply!

--
Edwin Sanchez
Iexos-100

Wes Mcdonald

Edwin

Just wanted to affirm to the group that when you picked poth hub as connection method in phd2 that the error message you were getting went away...

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

esanc001@...

Hi Wes!
So once I am connected to POTH hub (telescope)
and I go to phd2 I should just do a connect on the mount?

i do both, camera and mount, is this wrong?

thank you!
--
Edwin Sanchez
Iexos-100

Wes Mcdonald

Under the equipment connection tab in phd you select your camera from the camera drop down list and then select  poth hub from the mount drop down pick list.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

esanc001@...

Wes, thats what I do, so you are saying you got the pulseguide error to mount before but now that you connect in phd2 to the poth hub, under the connect mount, you got rid of it and can guide good now?

not sure what is going on with my set up as I do same.
thanks!!

--
Edwin Sanchez
Iexos-100

Wes Mcdonald

Edwin

No unfortunately I was not sure that was the source of the error, I just suspected it was.  So that eliminates that.

Can you use PhD to manually pulse the mount?

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

esanc001@...

Wes,
i dont know how to do that in phd, but I will research and set it up later today and Get back.
thanks for suggestion, I did not know you could do that, cool!!

thanks!
--
Edwin Sanchez
Iexos-100