Topics

Explore Stars Android App in mobiles phones: Samsung S10 #Android

Lucas Romero

Hi!

I have installed the Explore Stars Android App in my mobile phone: Samsung Galaxy S10 and the app is not displayed in a proper scale. I read the app is designed for tablets but I was wondering if there is a way to make it scale properly in smaller screens. An screenshot is attached.

What is the minimum screen size it supports? Or maybe is the issue related to this particular mobile phone screen?

Is the source code for this Android App also available to download? I just ask this to try to fix the scaling issue I have.

Thank you!!
Lucas

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 08:58 AM, <romero.lucas@...> wrote:
I read the app is designed for tablets but I was wondering if there is a way to make it scale properly in smaller screens. An screenshot is attached.
Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your questions. There is currently no cellphone device version of ExploreStars. The minimum screen size for tablets is 7-inches. Through our OpenGOTO Community, we currently provide all the information needed to create custom applications on any platform including cellphones. Any new developments and releases related to ExploreStars will be announced here on the forum.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Lucas Romero

Hi Jerry, thanks for you answer! I will try to buy a tablet then. Also, I will check the dev subgroup to see how the current app could be adapted in smaller screens in Android.

Thanks!

--
Lucas Romero - Buenos Aires, Argentina

Mount: Explore Scientific EXOS II GT WITH PMC-8
Telescope: Explore Scientific ED80-FCD100 Series Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor
Camera: Canon 6D
Steering Software: ExploreStars App