Hi James,

I think yes, this is probably a bug,  Thanks for reporting this. I will let our developer know about this.

Thank you!

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Hi James,

Here is the response from Dan

"There is absolutely identical code for both Android and Amazon, so I am baffled as to how this is occurring. (I copy the same APK file to both Google and Amazon.) Can we get further information so that I can try to duplicate the problem? Date/Time, Lat/Long,  alignment info, program version, targets in question? If he can get it to reproduce on the Amazon Fire, then it should also happen on the Samsung and we need to fix it."

So if you can recreate the problem and record the values that Dan wants then we can probably trace the problem down.

Thanks

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

James Hubbard

I connected to the iexos100 with the fire tablet this morning, and I didn't have this occur. Now when I noticed it yesterday I was not connected to either of my mounts with the fire tablet. I will definitely try to get this to show up again once I get home from work, and if I have it happen again. I will get all the information and take pics or video.

Thank you

James Hubbard

Just an update Jerry, so It seems that this issue is not something that I have happen when I'm connected. It only occurs on the app when not connected to the PMC8 system. I used the Fire HD 10 tablet all night Friday, and was able to get 1min exposures unguided.

Thank you and Dan both for addressing this.