Topics

Explorestars app on Amazon firehd10 #ExploreStars #Android

James Hubbard

So I noticed when running the app on Amazon firehd10 tablet, the database shows what's below the horizon, but if I click on any of those objects, it still has the slew to object button available. Is this just a bug on the amazon app?
I've been running the app on a Samsung tablet, and multiple windows laptops and don't have this on those. 

Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering

Hi James,

I think yes, this is probably a bug,  Thanks for reporting this. I will let our developer know about this.

Thank you!
--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering

Hi James,

Here is the response from Dan

"There is absolutely identical code for both Android and Amazon, so I am baffled as to how this is occurring. (I copy the same APK file to both Google and Amazon.) Can we get further information so that I can try to duplicate the problem? Date/Time, Lat/Long,  alignment info, program version, targets in question? If he can get it to reproduce on the Amazon Fire, then it should also happen on the Samsung and we need to fix it."

So if you can recreate the problem and record the values that Dan wants then we can probably trace the problem down.

Thanks

--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

James Hubbard

I connected to the iexos100 with the fire tablet this morning, and I didn't have this occur. Now when I noticed it yesterday I was not connected to either of my mounts with the fire tablet. I will definitely try to get this to show up again once I get home from work, and if I have it happen again. I will get all the information and take pics or video.

Thank you

James Hubbard

Just an update Jerry, so It seems that this issue is not something that I have happen when I'm connected. It only occurs on the app when not connected to the PMC8 system. I used the Fire HD 10 tablet all night Friday, and was able to get 1min exposures unguided. 

Thank you and Dan both for addressing this.