Topics

Guiding #iEXOS-100 #astrophotography

Daniel Burdziak

I use my iexos-100 with just a Rebel T6 dslr. Does anyone else not use a telescope, and guide? If so, how are you able to mount the guide camera to the iexos-100?

Edwin <esanc001@...>

Daniel,
I was looking into this as well and saw this photo in the explore scientific fb group. You need a series of plates etc. but it can be done
--
Edwin Sanchez
Iexos-100

brian skinner

Hi Daniel, at present I use just a DSLR but not guiding (yet). You can by a side by side saddle to mount 2 items next to each other, I.e your DSLR and guide scope/camera.
Brian

Chris Tardif

Some are better at it than I am, but I was never able to get side-by-side balanced well enough for me.  I found a longer dove tail with the guide scope mounted under worked really well.  It's a much cheaper config too.  You just need a long bar...long enough to make sure the guide camera doesn'tclip the mount.

--
Mounts: Explore Scientific IEXOS-100 w Celestron CG5 tripod, iOptron CEM 40
Scopes: Explore Scientific FCD-100 ED-102CF, Various Canon lenses, ZWO mini-guidescope, StarField 60mm guide-scope.

Chris Tardif

Oh, I have also tried the L-bracket approach too as shown by Peter Zelinka: https://www.peterzelinka.com/blog/2019/4/auto-guiding-with-the-skyguider-pro

--
Mounts: Explore Scientific IEXOS-100 w Celestron CG5 tripod, iOptron CEM 40
Scopes: Explore Scientific FCD-100 ED-102CF, Various Canon lenses, ZWO mini-guidescope, StarField 60mm guide-scope.
CameraASI120MM Mini (mono), Altair GPCAM 130
Control PC: Intel NUC
Loc: 44 -79

Huh...

That looks pretty similar to the polar finder adapter for the iExos-100.
If ES were to develop a variant of that adapter, that one could attach a guidescope to, that would answer it for the iExos-100 camera folks...

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020, at 10:47, Chris Tardif wrote:
Oh, I have also tried the L-bracket approach too as shown by Peter Zelinka: https://www.peterzelinka.com/blog/2019/4/auto-guiding-with-the-skyguider-pro

--
Mounts: Explore Scientific IEXOS-100 w Celestron CG5 tripod, iOptron CEM 40
Scopes: Explore Scientific FCD-100 ED-102CF, Various Canon lenses, ZWO mini-guidescope, StarField 60mm guide-scope.
CameraASI120MM Mini (mono), Altair GPCAM 130
Control PC: Intel NUC
Loc: 44 -79

Attachments:
  • Capture.JPG

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 11:00 AM, Robert Hoskin wrote:
If ES were to develop a variant of that adapter, that one could attach a guidescope to, that would answer it for the iExos-100 camera folks...
Hi Bob,

I will add that to our list of Feature Requests on the Feature Request subgroup.

Thanks!

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

brian skinner

Agree chaps, I particularly like the idea of the Polar scope adapted adaptor. Hopefully Jerry and his colleagues will develop this for when I am ready to make the leap to guiding!
Kind regards, Brian