Topics

#iexos-100 with Starry Night / Mac OS #iEXOS-100

Mirko Gude

Hi,

I've got a question about the IEXOS 100 with Starry Night Pro 8. Did anyone use this combination with a Mac ?

I know how to change from UDP/IP to TCP/IP protocols with command line (I use the build in Terminal with netcat instead of Packet Sender). But I'am not sure If I have to change the settings also to serial connection (USB Cable). If I do this, will it work with Starry Night?

I was successful with IEXOS 100 and KStars (with INDI), in this case it is only necessary to change form UDP/IP to TCP/IP protocols. And because I don't have a windows machine I'am little bit afraid, that it could be possible, that I could not change the settings back from USB cable to wireless without the windows programs.

So any experiences are welcome ;-)

Thanks and best Regards,
Mirko

Chris Tardif

I have used Starry Night Pro 8 with the IEXOS-100 over serial.  It's not my usual setup...I got into the habit of using Stellarium and AstroPhotographyTool, but I have used it in the past.
--
Mounts: Explore Scientific IEXOS-100 w Celestron CG5 tripod, iOptron CEM 40
Scopes: Explore Scientific FCD-100 ED-102CF, Various Canon lenses, ZWO mini-guidescope, StarField 60mm guide-scope.

Mirko Gude

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the answer - so you‘ve used Starry Night with Mac OS ? And there was no problem to switch back from USB to wifi?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Mirko

Am 26.06.2020 um 19:41 schrieb Chris Tardif <christardif@...>:

I have used Starry Night Pro 8 with the IEXOS-100 over serial.  It's not my usual setup...I got into the habit of using Stellarium and AstroPhotographyTool, but I have used it in the past.
--
Mounts: Explore Scientific IEXOS-100 w Celestron CG5 tripod, iOptron CEM 40
Scopes: Explore Scientific FCD-100 ED-102CF, Various Canon lenses, ZWO mini-guidescope, StarField 60mm guide-scope.
CameraASI120MM Mini (mono), Altair GPCAM 130
Control PC: Intel NUC
Loc: 44 -79

Chris Tardif

No not Mac....just windows (4ever)