Topics

Data Missing File Error #G11 #ExploreStars

Jochi

Edited

Hello,
I have a problem with the Explore Stars APP.
I have had an EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC LOSMANDY G-11 PMC-Eight for a year. So far, I control the mount via my Ipad, it works great.
In the future I want to control the mount using a laptop (Windows 10). I installed the app. Unfortunately I only get an error message "Data Files Missing".
I have reinstalled it several times and restarted the PC. Nothing worked. The buttons "UP, Down, Left, Right work so I can move the mount. Everything else buttons do not work. 2/3 Star Alligment, Messier Objects, Park Position etc.
I've tried a second computer, the same problem.
Can someone help me?

Greetings from southern Germany

jrichard333 <jrichard333@hotmail.com>

Good day Jochi,

1.       Did you download the ExploreStars database?

2.       Did you use the PCM8 configuration tool to download and install the database?

If so, here is the file structure for Windows ExploreStars.

JR

I have a problem with the Explore Stars APP.
I have had an EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC LOSMANDY G-11 PMC-Eight for a year. So far, I control the mount via my Ipad, it works great.
In the future I want to control the mount using a laptop (Windows 10). I installed the app. Unfortunately I only get an error message "Data Files Missing".
I have reinstalled it several times and restarted the PC. Nothing worked. The buttons "UP, Down, Left, Right work so I can move the mount. Everything else buttons do not work. 2/3 Star Alligment, Messier Objects, Park Position etc.
I've tried a second computer, the same problem.
Can someone help me?

Greetings from southern Germany

Dave Cherry

Its been a while since I installed it but I think the other guys on here will tell you that you have to download the additional database file from the web site and place it in the explorer stars directory.

Without this database, the star alignment and other functions cannot work.

Regards

Dave

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Scopes: Sky Watcher 200PDS, Skywatcher 72ED
Mount: Explore Scientific PMC8 EXO2

john macias

FF to 3:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4EgrGjIhAo
--
ES EXOS II GT WITH PMC-8
ES FCD1 Series 102mm f/7 Essential Aluminum Air-Spaced Triplet ED APO

Kent Marts- Explore Scientific Customer Service

Download the Configuration Manager, if you have not already done so.

It is found here, just below the video: https://explorescientificusa.com/pages/software-and-downloads-for-pmc-eight-system

Read the instructions on the Instruction tap, then click on the ExploreStars tab and follow the directions.

--
Kent Marts
Customer Service Manager

Gear: Anything in the store!

Jochi

Hello,

Thanks for your help. The database was in the wrong directory.
Now everything works perfectly. :)

--
Telescope: Newton 8"
Mount: EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC LOSMANDY G-11 PMC-Eight